
About our Hotel
There’s a lot of history in this big old building…
Christopher and Mary Kearney purchase two lots in Tottenham on the 6th of July in 1906. On these lots, they build a single storey, weatherboard building which is opened as the Miners’ Arms Hotel.
July 6 1906
Chris and Mary sell the hotel on the 31st October in 1911. It is purchased by Frederick Givney and John Parnell, whom own the hotel from October 1911 to August 1913.
The third owners of the Miners’ Arms is Frederick Veitch, who purchases the hotel on the 14th of August, 1913. On the 2nd of December, 1918 Frederick dies and ownership is passed to his wife, Elizabeth Veitch. Elizabeth leases out the hotel to many publicans.
1911 - 1918
The Miners’ Arms is destroyed in a fire with an unknown origin. Nothing of the building can be salvaged.
April 4 1930
The rebuild begins and after nine months, the new Miner’s Arms is unveiled and rebranded, to The Tottenham Hotel in June 1931. A grand two storey, double brick building that still stands today. While the hotel is owned by Elizabeth Veitch, the leaser and licensee is her stepson Gordon Veitch.
October 1930
After owning the pub for 45 years, Elizabeth Veitch dies in 1964 and she leaves the pub to her granddaughter and her husband, Ruth and Bruce Robinson. Ruth and Bruce employ Leo Poggioli as the manager during part of their time. The Robinson’s sell the Tottenham Hotel to the Kennedy family in 1977, with Des and his wife Sonia running the pub.
1943 - 1977
The Fitzalan family buy the pub in 1979, with Mark and Rick running it while their father Siddy, restored it. The Fitzalan’s own the pub for 42 years until 2021, when Tom and Michelle Cutcliffe buy the Tottenham Hotel.
1979 - today
So come in and have a meal and a drink and revel in the history that this big old building holds.
